Monday, May 6, 2013

A Reason to Celebrate

Few things warm my little heart more than babies...then you mix babies with family (that we don't see all the time) for one weekend, and I'm left on a Monday looking at pictures feeling gushy and loving and happy, yet sad that they're gone...and then happy that I can sweep my kitchen and vacuum my house (Don't worry Mom and Judy, you did a great job cleaning before you left. You know how it is though). But really, we had a great weekend.
I'm sort of feeling an overwhelming amount of love and wanting to pour my heart out and thank everyone for coming. I'll try to refrain for now and recap some of the last few days, mostly with pictures.


Twin cousins, Emmy and Evy, were born in Utah and Colorado on March 6. After 2 months, we were happy to get these little gals together...and of course, dress them to match! :)



Cousins Thomas and Miles played like crazy together! They enjoyed their blocks, balls, and other toys. My personal favorite was seeing these two bust a move. Oddly, they both have the same signature move: Wide stance, booty shakin'. I want to wrestle both of them right now!

So, it was really a laid back weekend. We ate a lot of good food, did some shopping, and mostly just hung out.
Sunday morning, we arrived at the church bright and early. Chris gave Evelyn a name and a blessing. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the priesthood, and to know that Heavenly Father knows and loves us all on a personal level. I love my husband for honoring his priesthood to bless my life and our babies forever.
Heading to church
The people I hang out with every day. It's pretty fun.
Evelyn, our reason for celebrating. Oh, how I love her.
Steve and Jayme with the boys. They're expecting Baby Boy Young in August! Woo hoo!!
It's safe to say that Thomas LOVED his visitors.
The Youngs (minus Jake on a mission and Emmy napping)


Chris and I have the best parents in the world. We just do.

I love them.

And we love the support for the "WIPS" Williams/Portlock family. :)


Thanks everyone for coming and showing your support for Miss Evelyn and her family. Love you all!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww thanks soooo much for sharing Nik---You are the bestest Mommy EVER!!! Happy Mama's Day and I'm so proud of you!!! Your little family is so blessed and GS and I think of you often and comment about the positive direction your life has taken <3 I'll show her this pics tonight when I get home from work ;)

Blog Archive