Sunday, May 12, 2013

Moms Rule

I came home from mutual Wednesday evening to discover that Chris had made a move that I've been wanting to make myself...but feared we would all lose sleep over it.

Thomas is no longer sleeping in his jungle-themed crib, but his "big boy" bed in the room next door!

He actually loves it! It's taken a few minutes each night for him to get over the excitement of the freedom, but he crawls back in the bed and goes to sleep. It's funny being a mom and moving into different phases of life with these kiddos. Sometimes I feel like I'm all tensed up, waiting for a punch in the face and find myself surprised and relieved when everything goes well and no one gets hurt (metaphorically speaking...well no one gets hurt in real life either, so that's good :)). Yes, night time is a success. We will keep working on nap time, however.

Night #1 in the bed. Chris and I may have been even more excited than Thomas. We checked in on him all night long!
 As we all know, today was Mother's Day! I love this day for obvious reasons- I love my mom, I love all the women who have made my life what it is, I love being a mom, and I love the treats they give us at the end of sacrament meeting. Oh, and I love flowers planted in my yard and wearing spring colors.

Today, Thomas was overly tired at church. I figured it was because he'd gotten up at some point in the night (I found his blocks out in his bedroom this morning and they'd been cleaned up before bed). That may have been so, but the poor boy also came down with a bug. It just took me 3 diapers at church to figure that out. So...we had to bail on the Mother's Day dinner that we were supposed to be hosting. Total bummer, but it turned out to be a nice day just the same.

Chris made us breakfast burritos and banana smoothies for lunch. We ALL enjoyed a good nap. Chris also gave me a good hour or so to myself, child-free. I spent it writing, reading, and enjoying the sunshine on our porch swing. For dinner, I was treated to a quiet evening in the back yard with my little family and kabobs on the grill.

Thanks, Topher, for the sweet and relaxing day!





"I love my mom!!" 

1 comment:

Stacie Couch said...

I feel the same way about transitions with Logan! Knock on wood, they always go better than I think they will.
Happy Mothers Day!

Blog Archive