Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Week Left

One week from tomorrow, Miss Evelyn Young will have arrived into the world. I finished washing and organizing the last of her new wardrobe today. Things for her nursery (curtains, bedding, artwork, etc)  are mostly collected, but it is still Tommy's room for a while so the decorating will wait.


And now, we wait for this girl.

I've been enjoying one-on-one time with Thomas. I'm savoring moments with him as my 'baby'...before he becomes the big boy!

He's recovering from cold, cough, ear infection shenanigans, and almost all better. This gave us PLENTY of time to dote on him!

Thomas is 19 months old. About T:

  • Favorite things to do: blocks, books, puzzles, dancing, singing,and doing the actions with his favorite songs (Open-Shut, Coo-Coo, Itsy Bitsy Spider, If You're Happy and You Know It), hanging with his Williams cousins- especially Drew ("Dew!!"), "Hoop!" although he doesn't have one yet, he talks about it daily and will stand in our neighbors driveway for long periods of time just to see theirs. 
  • Perfectionist: Lines things up neatly (i.e. blocks by color, puzzle pieces, food on his tray, etc), pushes in chairs, throws away garbage, puts things away nicely (when he wants to), always wants clean hands, wipes up crumbs and drips...The Grandma B gene is too strong to skip over this child! Oh boy!
  • Still very cautious.
  • Sweet fella'. Hugs, kisses, cuddles, smiles, says I love you- "I ya you!"
  • Tantrums. They are real. Ignoring and re-directing may save my life...and his.
  • Growing vocabulary. A little parrot. 
  • He's getting really funny/fun. At least I'm laughing all throughout the day.
  • One last thing, thought he was understanding that I have a baby in my belly. He points to it and says "babyyyyy!" However, he just started lifting up his own shirt and doing the same thing. Hmm...


T directing me in tickling his face. I guess it feels good. :) 

Breakfast was just that good.

Books: my favorite baby sitter. I love the way his understanding and love of them has grown over time. I can't imagine how fun it will be when he is really into the story line...and then someday reading!

The "Steam and Snack" routine to fight off coughing spells.

LOVES HIS COAT! Really though, wants to wear it all day. Also likes making foot prints in the snow.

Pumped about Dad's biking gear.

Rockin' out!
I hope he's enjoying his last few days of being an only child! I've been head-over-heels for this boy since moment one. I can't wait to fall in love with another little squishy!

2 comments:

Beth said...

That picture of the streaks of yogurt in his hair is awesome.

Just one week left! I didn't know you'd chosen a name ... I love it. :-)

Kinzie and Kevin said...

Tomorrow!!!!!!!! I'm so excited :) Cutie little Thomas, he's getting so big. Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Blog Archive