Saturday, September 25, 2010

Loyal

When Chris and I were newlyweds (I don't know when that phase really ends), I was driving in the suburban with my mother-in-law on our way to do some shopping. We were discussing the goods and maybe-not-so-goods of marriage and life. She probably doesn't remember saying, "Mark (my father-in-law) is an intensely loyal man. I think Chris is the same way." I'm so happy that she was right. It's not all that hard for people to forget what's important and forget their loyalties. I've just been thinking about that lately...

Some may know that Chris likes to write and sing songs on his guitar. As a slightly obsessed, very in-love wife, I often find myself recording him in his public concerts and while he's messing around in our apartment. He claims that his song-writing juices disappeared once he wasn't in a perpetual state of brokenheartedness (got married). I personally enjoy his happy, committed-husband songs of the past 2 years. So, here I am, posting one of my creepy wife recordings from our living room.

2 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I wish i could take a picture of US watching his video, 2 kids on my lap and 1 on Bob's. We watched it a few times. Holy talent! Really we were so imporessed and wish he would play for us....next time right!?

Brittany Pickett said...

Cute song! I love it:)

Blog Archive