Monday, October 4, 2010

Utah Weekend

Doug (Dad), Bobby, Bob, and Chris at the Aggie/BYU football game Friday night

It was the 1st time USU beat BYU in 17 years! Amazing...miraculous! (Although, both teams are pretty bad this year from what I hear). Doesn't mean I'm any less proud of my Aggies! Score: 31-16!

Me, Hayley, Brittany, Isaac, and Nicholas.
Sweet Isaac put a smile on for the picture even though he was coming down with the flu at that very moment.

Chris and I saw almost all of our family this weekend. I'm not used to going 3 months between visits! Wowsers! I guess you could say I miss "home" sometimes while we're making Denver our new home.
We played hard with nieces and nephews and, of course, watched General Conference. A couple thoughts on Conference: First off, I noticed that the scripture "wickedness never was happiness" was quoted multiple times...I thought that was interesting and maybe telling of the world today. Second, Elder Bednar's talk about the Holy Ghost was one of many that struck me. He said all that we do is not just a "long gospel checklist", but invites the Holy Ghost. All these commandments we keep are to help us seek the Holy Ghost every day in our lives.

I loved our weekend in Utah! I also loved coming home to Colorado.

1 comment:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

ah great post, we loved seeing you two.

Blog Archive