Friday, September 24, 2010

Good Fortune


In true superstitious fashion, I placed Chris' Chinese fortune cookie fortune on my night-stand last week and hoped it would come true...

"Next month will be your most profitable month of the year."

...and it did! Chris finally got his official invitation to stay on board at TriZetto. His internship will end this month and he will be working product management starting October 1st! Now it's time to make Colorado our home. This feels kind of like a miracle. After the new CEO instilled a company-wide hiring freeze and lay-offs this summer, we were shaking in our boots. Amazingly, Chris' department got the go-ahead to keep him full-time.

To celebrate, we went out to a nice dinner and then hurried to Paradise Pens. Yep, my husband has a thing for fancy writing instruments. We determined not to leave the store without one. He actually chose the one I selected as my favorite, a marbly, brown Visconti fountain pen with gold trim. He's a happy man!


2 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Sure glad for that fortune to bring good luck your way! Congratulations, what a beautiful place to call home.

Stephen and Jayme said...

I was so excited when Steve told me last night, congrats! We both wish you were going to call Salt Lake home but I suppose Denver will do. I love the pen story, what is it with these Young boys and their pens? I don't get it.

Blog Archive