Thursday, May 1, 2014

Our Getaway

Chris and I took a trip together (February 25- March 4), just the two of us. No kids. We dropped our kids off at my sister's EARLY in the morning, said good-bye, and the two of us shed some tears as we drove away for our 8 day vacation....and that was the last time I felt sad about leaving them. I could become a spokes-person for getting away without the kids. I love those littles dearly, but reminder note to self- IT WAS WORTH IT! We had so much fun and did so many things that could never have been done with our precious babes. The trip is long since gone, but I still smile to myself about some of the great memories we made in the beautiful Puerto Rico!

Day 1 – 
Travel to Puerto Rico

Day 2 – 
We started the day with breakfast at a local cafe. It was SLOW service for an omelette that I could have prepared better...and I've never made an omelette. Just nice to be outside together and luckily the plan for the day was to do nothing. :) 

After stocking up a bit on groceries at Amigo (Walmart) we had the most lovely morning at the resort! Beach chairs, umbrella, books. I have a fear of the ocean and haven't really swam in one for about 10 years. However, it was a blast learning how to jump over and dive under the waves from Chris. I was a giddy fool, screaming and laughing. It was awesome.

Then came shopping and lunch at the Kioscos (Kiosks) off the Highway. Only meal we regret from the whole trip. Don't think I'll say anything more about that.

The rest of the afternoon was spent at the El Yunque Rainforest. Beautiful. We took a good hike to the waterfall. Also drove through more of the forest and visited a tower while it rained a bit. GREEN! 

We arrived back at the hotel with a room upgrade. Ocean View Suite. Very awesome.

Dinner was at Don Pepe's. This was Chris' first experience with the PR specialty of Mofongo. I was still recovering a bit from our special lunch experience and played it safe with quesadillas. Live music. Cool atmosphere. After we grabbed some needed supplies and dessert at Walgreens.

Finally, sitting by the pool, we talked late into the night about religion, life, goals, kids, etc. and walked around the property. 

I'd say that made for a pretty fantastic first day.










·       
·  

No comments:

Blog Archive