Monday, September 24, 2012

Partyin', partyin', YEAH!

There are plenty of things to document about the last few months on this blog. I'll start this post with the most important and frequent topic here: Thomas.

Very muscular!
Incredibly Musical
Major lover of stuffed animals, most of all Mr. Bunny and Dog. They get hugs and kisses every morning before Mom and Dad.
First day in new, heavy shoes. Stared at me in horror for a solid 5 minutes until I helped him out the door.
Champion of the spoon and BIG fan of yogurt!
Frequent faller. This particular day, I believe he fell face-first into the playground bark.

Little man fits in little places.
Thomas and friend Elijah. Babysitting swap. "Put that stinking camera away already!!"
Sunday nappers
So, there we have some of Tommy's happenings via phone pictures. This past month, Thomas has transitioned himself from two naps a day to just one in the afternoon. That was a big hit for pregnant mom who greatly depended on a morning nap herself. We've both finally adjusted and LOVE our rest in the afternoon. Now that we're up and going all morning long, we've recently hit up ward park days and Story Time at the library.
Thomas has been a cautious boy and usually stays close to his mom and dad. However, the more he walks the more he realizes how cool it is to get around. We're learning what it means to have a toddler who often tells us no, but rarely listens to his parents say it. He's still a major lover. Once he knows he likes you, you're bound to get hugs, kisses, back pats, and flirty smiles. He loves to dance, to jabber, and to play outside (but still HATES grass).

Other things:
This Fall already feels busy! I had an important realization last month. I made a list of clubs, activities, and church events that seemed to be piling up as possible things to do every month. It's amazing how much stuff you can fill your life with. I've tried to re-prioritize. That meant saying no and doing some things only some of the time. While I've tried to down-size on the nights out, they sure can be a welcome break!

My friend Kinzie started one bunco group that I will try to attend. Our first meeting was at her place. Movie/celebrity theme. She did such great job! Fun decor, sickeningly good sugary treats, and great prizes! (I won for most wins and best costume...it helps when only 3 people dress up!)
Cat Woman & Zooey Deschanel. My tag says "I'm  quirky!". You have to see the snl skits to get it I guess, but I did try to pull of f her big eyes!

Also this week:
  • Preparing to sub at my friend's in-home daycare. Meeting kids and parents.
  • Mutual- softball game and bbq put on by YM. Always nice.
  • Going-Away party for our friends the Haags who sadly are moving away to Aurora. :(
  • Elder Holland visited our Stake for a special meeting on Sunday. It was amazing to hear from a prophet of God, a man who has a perfect knowledge of our Savior Jesus Christ. He spoke with great fervor, especially geared towards our youth and those going on missions. "Don't talk to me if you're waffling about serving a mission!! Go talk to your grandma or someone who will pat you on the head and tell you to do what you want to do!!" He is a passionate man, dedicated so fully to the Gospel. 
  • Besides hearing from Elder Holland, the best weekend activity had to be traveling to Fort Collins for the CSU vs USU game. Aggies won!! We did some tailgating with our friends the Kevin-Foulgers and cheered on our Aggies till the very end. It was a great evening!
Ballers: Calum and Thomas
Tail gating...and looking classy.




Lovely as ever, Kinzie, Calum, Kevin. The previously full stands were abandoned by the sad CSU fans. We stayed to give our Aggies some love! Too bad I never attended a winning football game when I was a student. haha. I'm glad they've pulled it together these past few years.

and FINALLY! The bump. 16 weeks and going strong.

Whew! This post was way too long, even for me. Good job if you made it this far!!!


3 comments:

The Taylors said...

Nicole-your little guy is so cute!! And you look so fab!

Brittany Pickett said...

I loved your post! Your little belly is looking cute. Can't wait to hear that baby is a he or she. Hope you are feeling better!

Kinzie and Kevin said...

Seriously, what bump?? Haha. I love the long update :) It is always fun to hear about your cute fam and my favorite little thomas! I am privileged to be one of those he likes to give hugs and flirty smiles to :)

Blog Archive